Root Vegetable Crisps
- 2 good sized parsnips
- 2 good sized carrot
- 1 beetroot
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp paprika (add more if you like spice!)
- Freshly ground salt and black pepper
How to make
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees/ Gas Mark 6.
- Clean the vegetables and remove the top and bottom off each one.
- Slice the vegetables as thinly as possible.
- Soak in ice water for approx. 15 minutes, then dry on a paper towel.
- Add to a bowl and add 2 tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp paprika and a little freshly ground salt and black pepper.
- Toss with your hands to coat evenly.
- Arrange in a single layer on a baking tray.
- Place baking tray on lowest shelf in the oven for 20-25 minutes, turning frequently.
- Keep an eye on them as they make cook slightly quicker, depending on how thinly sliced they are.
- The vegetable crisps will be ready when they are golden brown.
- Spread out on a paper towel until cool and crisp.
- Serve with a dip of your choice.