Broccoli, Sprout & Stilton Quiche
- 1 sheet ready rolled shortcrust pastry.
- 200g Tenderstem® broccoli.
- 100g Brussels sprouts, chopped.
- 100g Stilton, crumbled.
- 3 large eggs.
- 200ml Crème fraîche.
- 50ml Whole milk.
Salt and pepper to taste
How to make
- Preheat the oven to 200c/180c fan assisted/gas mark 6.
- Roll out the dough to at least 1/2cm thick.
- Add to the flan dish, and blind bake for around 15 minutes.
- Remove around 2-3cm off the end of each broccoli stem.
- Boil the broccoli and chopped sprouts in lightly salted water for around 12 minutes, and drain.
- Add the broccoli and chopped sprouts to the pastry, and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle half of the Stilton over the broccoli and sprouts.
- Beat the eggs, crème fraîche and milk together in a bowl, and season with a little salt and pepper, and pour over the cheese and vegetables.
- Sprinkle the remaining Stilton over the top.
- Bake in the hot oven for around 20-25 minutes, or until the mixture is firm, and golden brown.
- Ensure quiche is piping hot throughout before serving.